A Dynamics 365 Portal provides an online location for your audience to communicate and collaborate with ease. The core functionality of any Dynamics 365 portal is to allow access to CRM data for non-CRM users from anywhere and at any time. Dynamics 365 portals allow users to access the information they need such as support cases, knowledge base articles, community forums, product guides, and more easily from anywhere on the globe. All they would require is valid login credentials to access the portal which could be obtained from their CRM Administrator.
Instances in which Dynamics 365 Portals can play a huge role for your organization
- When your external users need to create data (like support cases, orders and custom data) in CRM but don’t have access to your CRM.
- When your external users need to view CRM data (like product information, orders, invoices, project status, knowledge base articles, payment history, etc.) but don’t have access to your CRM.
- When your external users want to update data in CRM (like user profile data) but don’t have access to your CRM.
Why Dynamics 365 Portals?
- Easy to use for non-technical administrators
- Azure/AD integration
- Easy set up and configuration
- Social media integrations for authenticatio
Dynamics 365 portals can be configured for both Online & On Premise CRMs for different versions of Dynamics 365. There are different types of Dynamics 365 Portals, namely:
1.Customer Self Service Portal: The Customer Self-Service Portal provides an additional support to organizations to guide their customers through related help links and information for finding instant answers to their queries. This will reduce the wait time for the customers to get their issues fixed and eliminating unwanted escalation tickets for the organization.
2. Custom Portal: The custom portal is completely extensible and customizable. This portal can be used to create bespoke customer applications.
3.Community Portal: Community Portal is the place where you can join forums and discussions, share knowledge with community users, post articles and blogs, conduct polls, invite people for participation, etc.
4.Partner Portal: The Partner portal enables lead distribution and deal/opportunity tracking, and can provide account management capabilities. Partner portal provides multi partner collaboration on same opportunity to maximize selling.
Partner Portal is again of two types, namely,
- Field Service Portal: The Field Service portal provides partners and customers with a 360-degree view of work orders, agreements, assets and invoices.
- Project Service Automation Portal: The Project Service Automation Portal allows partners to view project information that includes quotes, invoices, and bookable resources.You can have both field service & project service automation features in single portal.
5.Employee Self Service Portal: Employee Self Service portal doesn’t support external registrations. Using this portal,employees can build strong relationships within the organization for knowledge sharing and skill set improvement which will ultimately increase the business productivity.