At the time of Plugin Assembly Registration, you can specify about Plug-in Deployment.
- Firstly, you need to identify the deployment type i.e., CRM Online or CRM On-Premise.
- For CRM Online, plug-in assemblies must be registered in Sandbox.
- For CRM On-Premise, plug-in assemblies can be registered in Sandbox or outside the Sandbox (select radio box None).
- If the isolation mode is Sandbox, the location is always Database, the advantage is that plug-ins stored in the database are automatically distributed across multiple CRM servers in a data center cluster.
- The disadvantage is that you can't install external assemblies to the database, so if your plug-in uses an external assembly you need to merge it with your plugin assembly before the registration or deploy the external assembly manually to the GAC or the CRM bin folder.
- If you register plugin assembly outside the Sandbox (i.e., CRM On-Premise), you can choose to deploy it to the GAC. In this case, the advantage is that you take full advantage of the GACs versioning system preventing conflicting versions of the same assembly, if multiple versions are needed. The disadvantage is that the registration requires gacutil.exe and this can be an issue for some deployments.
- If you choose to deploy to Disk, the plug-in assembly will be copied to the CRM bin folder. In this case, the debug will be easier, but you will lose GAC versioning advantage that is available by deploying plug-in assembly in the database.
Need help in CRM Plug-in Deployment? Talk to our CRM experts now. You can write to us at email@example.com.